Was trying out desktop version of Fennec, the upcoming mobile browser from the makers of Firefox. The name 'Fennec' is based on a small nocturnal Fennec Fox found in the Sahara desert.
The first look seems promising and with options of adding popular Firefox addons, this can be a huge hit (especially for Firefox fans like me).
The desktop version for windows PC can be downloaded from here.
Tips and tricks
- To use the full screen for browsing, click the button on the left hand side on top of the device (to the left of the -/+ buttons)
- Swipe left to expose back/forward/bookmark buttons and the URL bar; swipe right to dismiss them
- Swipe right to expose tabs; swipe left to dismiss them
- Allow panning/scrolling in iframes - Websites that display large amounts of content in IFrames, including Google Mail and Reader, will be very hard, if not impossible, to use.
- Plugins may not work in some of the desktop builds.
Source : Mozilla.org